Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Hi all,

l am so impressed with my Cabernet l am wondering what Micks power amps are like. Could they be as good, even half as good will do? l have started another thread here;
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1101532226&read&3&4&

Please post your experiences.

Cheers Simon
Hi Ecclectique, I got a pair of smoke glass Genalex KT-66 today. I just couldn't resist the opportunity even though the 350B's are the best. However, the Genelex is only half the price of the NU 350B's.

Cheers,
Kenji
Hi Kenji. Yes, think of both the genelex kt-66 and the we 350b's as an investment. The genelex kt-66 is a much sought after output tube and it's market value has near doubled in the last 3 years. [ they ain't making anymore!!] cheers David
Congratulations to both Mondie and Slipknot 1 on recieving your preamps. I have had my Syrah for about two and a half year (ever since I started the thread) and I still get excited every time I power my system up. I feel that all of my components are very good, but the Syrah is the heart and soul of my system. I am sure you guys will have a blast listening to your favorite music. Be sure to pass on the the new guys considering a Supratek that the wait is well worth it.