Cary SLI-80 bias help

I purchased a used SLI-80 with upgraded Shuguang Treasure 6CA7 Z power tubes. I decided to check the bias, which Cary says should be 75-100 mA per Channel. Using my GDT-11 meter I put the dial on the A-- portion and selected 200m. When I get the reading it is saying 4.5, obviously far off from what Cary suggests. Am I doing this wrong or is it really that far off? I don't know what effect that would have, but the amp sounds OK as is. I'm worried about truly putting that number at 75-100 in fear my reading is not right. I used this same meter though (it's brand new) to bias my Jolida amp and it was fine. Is 4.5 really 45 in this case?
vortrex
IMO ....Yes ..But I am not an Electrical Engineer... I use Genelax Gold Lions and bias them to 75 mA.

Chuck
Are you sure the amp accepts that tube? I've used 6550, kt88 and kt90 AND el34 in my sli80 but never heard of the 6ca7 being in that same family.
Ok Wikipedia says it's in the el34 family. My Svetlana el34s biased just fine at 75. It requires a very fine touch as it overshoots or undershoots easily.
 75mA is too high for EL34 tubes.  I confirmed this with Cary.  They should be biased at 50mA.