Preramp for Adcom GFA 565's

Hi out there!

Any suggestons on a good preamp to mate with Adcom GFA565's?
dsper
Thank you for the good suggestions.

This is hard - I keep thinking of reasonas to not pull the trigger on the amps.

Am I nuts for wanting to move to the Adcoms from a new Krell S300i? I would be picking up another 150wpc into 4 ohms, and a lower noise floor.
Dsper,

What speakers will you be using? I think the Adcom monoblocks would drive almost any speakers easily enough but they may be overkill for some. Thanks
Noble100,

I want to power Maggie 1.7's. Some of what led me to the Adcom's was that they are supposed to be good in the bass and I thought that might help the Maggies. I also feel that the Krell is a little bit...uninvolving. Want a weightier "richer" sound.

Dsper
Dsper.

The Adcom monoblocks would supply the power that the 1.7's likely require, if they are anything like other Magnepans. My concern is the same as some of the other posters on this post and your other posts: the sound may be too sterile and neutral for your tastes.

A tubed preamp. with the exception of a few newer models, would help add some texture and dimension to the sound. But I would definitely try out the Adcoms prior to purchase if at all possible. You may also want to look at some high powered used amps like McCormack and Classe. Good luck on your search and let us know what you wind up with. Thanks
Hi Noble100,

Thank you for your comments. Being able to hear it before you buy seems to be the rub.

I am also considering the Wyred4Sound mono blocks and I see that on Audiogon there is a pair of Cary 500 MB monoblocks that are supposed to be pretty good as well.

I have heard good things about the PrimaLuna Prologue 3 preamp. Do you know anything about those?

Thanks again,

Dsper