Looking for a silver lining

Well, appears my Revel LE1 has taken a turn for the worse...continually shuts off with an overheat warning, and when running sounds very thin. Have sent off an email to Harmon to see if it is something they can repair, but given what I've read here on their service for legacy products and cost, I am looking for a silver lining to this dark cloud.

My system is on the virtual systems page for review--basically, the LE1 takes a signal via XLR directly from a Puccini CD player/processor. It sends the lows to two Revel subs via speaker cables, and the mid/highs to two Krell Evo 600 monos via XLR that then feed Revel Salons.

I did some quick research here this morning, and a couple options appear to be feasible, and might even be an improvement (these would entail a new amp for the subs and I would lean toward a Class D in the 750 - 1000 WC range):

A crossover that can accept an XLR in, and has two sets XLR outs (I think Bryston is a candidate). One balanced out would feed the Krells at line level, and the other the digital amp to power the subs. I guess depending on the crossover, I could get more control of frequencies and slopes than I presently have with the LE-1, so with some tweeking of settings I could get an even more balanced sound (but it sounded pretty great before the meltdown).

A room correction processor that can accept an XLR in, and has two sets of XLR out. Same signal path as above (line to the amps and sub amp). I found the Lyngdorf line that kinda intrigues me with its automatic room correction software...

I took the LE1 outta the chain for now (dCS Puccini is now running direct to the Krell monos), so I do have tunes, but I can really tell there are not two 15 inch subs adding to the mix...

Would appreciate any comments or recommendations on an alternative to getting the LE1 fixed if that happens to be not possible or cost prohibitive...

Thanks

Mitch
128x128vermonter
Pass XVR-1 is an all analog programmable crossover with balanced ins and outs. I use one in place of the stock electronic crossover that came with my Apogee Studio Grands and it is much more transparent.
Ghost rider,

Thanks, I looked for the Pass crossover you mentioned and I think it is no longer in production...I sent the LE1 off to Service Bench for repair, fingers crossed...

Mitch
The verdict is in on the LE1...due to non availability of replacement parts not repairable. Have narrowed replacement decision to a new amp and an active crossover (the TaCT and Lybgdorf options for room correction add cost for something I feel I don't need). Candidates for new amp are Wyred for Sound, Red Dragon or anything else on the class D family. II think Class D is what I need to get power rating similar to my Krell Evo 600s (600 WPC). Any recommendations?
For the crossover, considering Marchand XM 44 or Bryston B10. The Bryston has more adjustment capability, but is around $2k more than the Marchand...not sure if the added cost is something from which I will benefit. I am pretty confident I can explain my system to Phil Marchand, and get the correct XM44 with set crossover frequencies and slopes to integrate my two revel Sub 15s with my Revel Salons.
I also have an offer to buy a used LE1 as a replacement, but think I will pass; would not make much sense to replace one unrepairable component with the same--don't want this problem again in a couple years.
Any comments/suggestions for me?
I think I have a plan. Two Red Dragon M1000 mono amps (500/1000 WPC 8/4 ohms), a crossover from Marchand, and advice from Revel on crossover frequency/slopes...was leaning toward the Bryston crossover since it is adjustable, but think if I get all three experts to converse can nail the right specifications. Thanks to Ryan from Red Dragon, Phil Marchand, and Jason from Revel...

Of course, this will also mean I need additional power cords, and another XLR interconnect...

Should at least rival the performance of the LE 1 and I am confident it will surpass it, which was pretty phenomenal to begin with.

I also am anxious to hear the improvement from another sorta home made tweak. Arnold from Core designs sent me a couple extra shelves for one of his racks; I filled the cavity with sand, and mounted some Herbie's Tenderfeet underneath and the subs sit on top of these...should decouple the subs from the floor, and it looks awesome with some LED lights underneath...
The plan is set, two M1000 amps from Red Dragon and an XM44 crossover (80 hz, 12 db slope) from Marchand...would appreciate any advice on power cords for the mono amps and eq, and an XLR to go between them...dCS Puccini cd player/processor will be connected to the eq via Stealth nano fiber XLR...