? Tube Replacement Question ?

As a novice in the world of vacuum tubes, I have a couple of basic questions. I have a Audio Research SP16 tube preamp I purchased new in January 2008 & use on a daily basis. The tubes have never been replaced.

(1) When is it prudent to replace the tubes?

(2) Will sound quality deteriorate with age?

(3) Are there advantages of replacing the tubes with aftermarket alternatives vs. OEM tubes?

Thank you kindly for your help.
kitjv
Allow me to rephrase the above question. Since Upscale Audio is a seller (not a manufacturer), which particular brands of tubes have a first-rate reputation for low noise & sonic quality? Thank you!
I would check with ARC but I believe it's every 5-6000 hrs. Distortion does go up as the tube ages and sometimes it happens so slowly you don't realize it until you replace them.
Amperex, or their Bugle Boy is excellent IMO. But, I can't say how they will do in your ARC preamp.
Siemens and Telefunken, for tubes that are known for transparency/freq extension. Mullard and Brimar, for a warmer presentation. Amperex(very popular), Phillips ECG and Sylvania, for a middle sonic ground. All their nine pin, dual triode miniatures, should last about 10k hours(unless run in an unusually demanding circuit).