Downsizing from Ayre MX-R monoblocks

I am looking to downsize from my previous amps, the wonderful Ayre MX-R monoblocks to an integrated amp. I want something that has the same quality and sound as the Ayre. I know the Ax-7e is an option but to be totally honest, I am not too keen on its looks. In terms of price, I would like to stay at $5K or less used. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
128x128tboooe
Onhwy61

Are people really suggesting that someone cannot put together a great sounding, emotionally stirring system for $10K?

No, actually what we are saying is that having owned such a world class amplifier, (one of the very, very best amps!), the OP WILL notice the difference, and very well may not be satisfied with anything else, especially something that is not in the same class.

Certainly someone who had upgraded to a $10K system from a $3K system, (i.e. triple the price), would quite probably be very happy with it, if not ecstatic. But going from nearly a $30K amplification system to a $10K amplification system, (i.e. one third the price), would certainly be noticeable, and while it might still sound very good, it would not sound the same, and would almost certainly sound less capable.
I have the MX-R with Wilson Sasha. I listened to the Naim Supernait with the Sasha and I was impressed. I don't know how this would match up with the speakers you are describing but if you like the MX-R sound you may like the Naim.
If you like Usher sound, you can consider Mini Dancer 1 or 2 in your new system. I own SF Memento, I like Dancer 1 nearly as much and cost fraction.

If you still want SF speakers, stay away from older design which are too warm. Newer one are still warm, but not as warm as older design. Then go with more neutral sounding integrated like Sim, BAT (with 6H30), or Krell.

If you go with more neutral speakers like Usher, Pass could be a good match. I thought INT-30A was too warm when mated with Memento, I was much happier with BAT.