Recomendations Please

Hi all, my system consists of a belles hot rod 150a, a audio researcyh LS7 with NOS bugle boy tubes, vandersteen 2CE SIG II, audioquest type 8 cable (biwire). I love the sound its airy has a great sound stage but just wondering how i could get a bit more bass into the system without changing the preamp since I just got it. any suggestions??
128x128jelliott78
Buy better speakers with a bigger woofer like vandersteens upper end models or alternatively buy a subwoofer. Hope this helps. Shay
Vandersteen speakers have a rep as being "built form the bottom up" so lack of bass is usually not an issue. That said I remember when I owned a pair of 1C's there were extensive placement instructions. So I would recommend looking at their placement recommendations and then try moving things around to see how much of an issue you have with placement.
I agree the Vandy 2CEs sounded really bassy to me almost to the point of being imbalanced. If you want punchier bass then you need a different set up where you can blow high SPLs and not get distortion or sound effect bass. Bigger speakers might be the right ticket. Another thought would be to go with a SS preamp they often deliver bass better IMHO and I am an all tube guy except my phono stage which just so happens to deliver beautiful bass.
why would you want what's not on the source? high fidelity means true to the original.