Herron VTPH-2

I've read the reviews and searched the archives but thought I'd reach out to the "community" for any additional input on this phono preamp. It would replace a Whest PS.30 in my system. I'd like to try tubes as long as it is quiet and neutral. Thoughts?
dodgealum
Nice, but as I have gotten more time and experience with it and have listened to multiple tracks I know very well, the treble is a bit recessed or rolled off. For example guitars lines are more faint than the should be. That is not a compromise I am willing to live with so I am going to another amp soon.
Interesting. How do you think the Herron linestage mates with the Modwright? I have gotten best results when the preamp or linestage is matched with an amp from the same manufacturer. This was true with my old Audio Research set up as well as my Modwright stuff. Perhaps a pair of Keith's monoblocks to go with the Herron linestage?
You know, I have never had matched gear but from what I hear it is wise to use matching components. I would have looked into the Modwright preamps, but they don't have input select on the remote which is important to me. I already have my next amp selected. I am getting Aspen's flagship amp, the Maya. It just went into production and should be ready mid December. I'm buying without hearing, but I get to try it in my system and my money back if I don't like it except shipping.
You might want to check out the new Modwright LS100 which I believe has input seleet on the remote. From what I've read this is a very nice and competitively priced linestage that can be ordered with a built in phonostage. Of course, if you have the Maya coming then then that may not be the way to go. In any case, best of luck with whatever direction you go.