Wyred 4 Sound.....Anyone?????

Has anyone experienced Wyred 4 sounds stereo, multichannel or pre amp models. How do they compare to say, Parasound, Bryston, Nad, Boulder, Krell, Anthem, Cary Audio.etc??? Are they more geared to home theater or stereo or both??? Comments greatly appreciated..

Regards Bacardi
128x128bacardi
I listened to ST1000 and this 'little dude' really has something: control, speed, never goes hot very clean and natural sound. They could play any music and you can use them for movies as well.
Definitely large step-up to Bryston and Parasound on identical power, not any worse than Krell that could set your place on fire and somewhat close to the Pass and BAT amps.
The other 'price buster' is Sunfire Signature 600 load invariant amplifier.
I had the ST1000 for a few months. Wonderful product. Does not sound like SS or tubes. As much as I liked its smoothness and power initially, it couldn't hold my interest in the long run. I think you are going to have to hear one for yourself and decide if the sound is to your liking. I bought mine on Agon useed and sold it easily with minimal loss. It was well worth the price of the audition.
I went from a Bryston 4Bsst to the Wyred ST-1000 and have not looked back. Extremely quiet, dynamic, excellent imaging, and runs cool (very important when you live in AZ where the summers hit triple digits regularly!). I was so impressed with the ST-1000 that I also bought an ST-500 and ST-250 for my surround channels.

As always, system integration and personal tastes rule the day, but I have been extremely satisfied with the Wyred 4 Sound amps and do not plan on changing anytime soon.
They are worth trying in many cases before jumping straight to more expensive monster SS amps.

Tube amp lovers will be less impressed I suspect but probably not any less than they might be with a big expensive monster ss amp, at least based on sound.

Not as pretty to look at as Mac gear for example for sure though.