Suggest upgrade from c2300 phono stage

I am currently using a McIntosh c2300 with phono stage. I am using a VPI Aries 3 with flywheel motor/ring clamp/center weight and 10.5i arm. The current cart is a Lyra Argo i.
I am in the process of choosing among 3 new cart upgrades...Lyra Titan, Dynavector XV-1s, and ortofon A90.
I am looking for a tubed phono stage to mate with one of the above 3 carts. I want a crazy low noise floor and a tighter lower end and not a "fat tube" sound.
Where do I go from the Mac? I will do +/- $12k on phono stage.
Any suggestions on above carts and mating pre amps are welcomed.
Will use c2300 as pre with mc501s running JM Lab Alto Utopias.

Pepe

New Orleans...proud to call it home
cajunpepe
Pepe,

I have a friend with your amp and preamp and he can't say enough good things about the Aesthetic Rhea Signature in combination with them. He won't even use the C2300 phono stage, and didn't when he had an Art Audio Vinyl One, either. The Rhea retails at $7K.

I just bought the MC501 and have a C2300 on the way. My phono stage is a K&K Maxxed Out. In a few weeks I'll be able to give a report on how it mates with the Mac stuff. I think it's hard to beat at twice the price, though, and some people think it's better than the Rhea. I've never compared them.

You might want to check around and see if the phono stage in the C500/C1000 is substantially different from the C2300. Seems like I've read that it's not, though I'm not at all certain. Of course, the outboard PS and fully balanced circuitry of the more expensive Macs will make the phono section sound better, too.

Bill
I stand corrected, then: I guess the phono stages are different in the Big Macs.

Bill
Modded Jolida phono stage, Manley, EAR 324, Tom Evans Groove (choices, choices, choices).

I really liked the modded Jolida, and the Tom Evans models are really special.

I have not hear, but have heard great things about the Marchand phono pre's.

I tried many, mostly tubed, and ended up with a Parts Connexion (they are sold through Underwood HiFi)Modified PS Audio GCPH, and I absolutely love it. It's a great piece of gear.
Here's a couple links showing inside photos of the C2200 & C2300.

http://audioaficionado.org/mcintosh-audio/315-mcintosh-c2200-c2300-nudies.html

Here's a link showing inside photos of the C500/1000 boxes. Post #27 has the photos of the two units uncovered:

http://audioaficionado.org/mcintosh-audio/2042-why-not-c500-instead-c1000-3.html

Quite a difference between the single box pre's and the dual box pre's & the MC circuitry too boot.

Bob
Just to be informative -- the two shinny modules towards the rear in post #27 of the C500/1000 pictures -- those are the left/right MC modules which are non-existant in the C2200/2300's.

Bob