Tripoint Spartan

For the past two months, I have written very little about the Spartan Power Conditioner. Truth be told, I really didn’t have much to write about. The Spartan came with the highest expectations, along with the loftiest adjectives. Alas, it seemed not to be. Until one day…

On 7/24/2010, exactly 59 days from delivery, I sat in astonishment. Strange, because the whole system literally transformed in a single day. It’s as if someone took the lid off my stereo. What I hear is gorgeous, sparkling, clear, unrestricted, and delicate music. I hang on to every note, as it takes over my respiration, heart rate, and my eyes begin to weep. Even the pauses sound beautiful. The stage has been transformed into a hall, with notes rising and collapsing into natural space. Music is open and extended, with detail, sweetness, shimmer, and sheen. I can feel the music vibrate my body. From top to bottom, the music is absolutely cohesive, infused with energy and freshness. There is now a direct connection with my emotions.

I hear no negative effects or trade-offs. It does not simply lower the noise floor, but redefines the whole experience. Every audio component is performing better, and there is a purity and refinement. I do not hear a stereo, but I do hear the music. The presentation is absolutely uncanny. Nothing seems out of place, although the beauty is somewhat surreal.

Miguel’s obsessiveness has paid-off, and he has created two of the most unique, special, innovative audio components. Was it worth it? Depends if you want to take an excellent system to a new level by adding the elusive ingredient of magic. This was not an easy piece to afford, and it took a great leap of faith. I look forward to the next few months of listening to music anew, and I wonder if things will get even better. At this point, as I find difficulty getting out of my seat while enraptured by music, I would do it all again.
rtn1
Rtn1, I agree. People often lose a balanced approach, and SOTA power components are the first to be overlooked even though they may contribute more than any other piece.

Tbg, you have some fairly expensive gear. The Troy is not that outlandish....
Agear, I had just bought the Tidal Contrivas, eating was too expensive. I really did like the Troy. What is the Orion, a lessor Spartan?
"Tbg, you have some fairly expensive gear. The Troy is not that outlandish...." Agear

...yes, though $35 large for a power conditioner is pretty extreme..."

...still i will personally wait til they come out very discounted/s-hand. it really sensational...