Music First Audio Passive Magnetic Preamplifiers?

I want to know if anybody tried and compared this rare preamplifiers.
I´m really interest on this brand but I couldn't find anything here in Audiogon.
I will apreciate your opinions.
Thanks
elduende14
Hi Elduende14, I think you are asking about the Music First passive preamp which is transformer based, not magnetic. This type of passive is called a TVC for transformer volume control, instead of using resisters.

Yes, I have heard it, however it is insanely priced and does not sonicly out perform the pieces of John Chapman's Bent Audio. His current passive uses autotransformers, offers many more features, is beautifully built, sounds great and is very fairly priced. You also get a 30 day audition period to make your decision. John's also a great guy to deal with.

Take a look at my review here on the GON regarding the details of the Bent Audio Tap passive TVC preamp, which apply to his current model.
Unfortunately, John no longer makes the Tap X autoformer preamps, but you can get his modified Slagleformer for DIY.
Dracule1, are you sure John has stopped building the Tap X preamp? Only a cuople of months ago a friend called him to discuss the Tap X and he was still building them then. His website still offers it as a current model. Please share more about this matter, thanks.
I recall John posting something on his forum about taking a break from manufacturing the Tap-X autoformer units. However, he did offer to build a balanced one for me, so maybe he's back to doing them in small runs or one-offs.

To me one of the best passive preamps out there is the Lightspeed Attenuator. There is one here for sale that came up today.

I never heard the Music First units, but I had a passive preamp using S&B transformers that I liked. These are the transformers used in the Music First line. However, as mentioned the Music First units are over priced.