Class "D" amp? I do not have a clue. Do you?

I have been a serious audiophile for 30 years and class "D" audio is new to me. Most important, what do they sound like?
orpheus10
Coffey,

Which one(s) did you try?

I think you are the first person I have heard allude to too much bass as a result of a Class D.

Mine are certainly not lacking in that department, though they sounded relatively lean in comparison to my prior non class D amp at first. I attribute that to the very high damping factor, which works well with my OHM speakers in particular to deliver tight clean and articulate yet powerful bass.

I could see where it might be considered too much in some cases like as a result of some bass heavy room acoustics maybe or other factors upstream that affect bass levels.
"dont believe everything you hear EVEN from me "

EVEN from HIM !

Still, I love my Spectron amp, love its seductive musicality, love its effortless presentation.

Read professional reviews and amp owners reviews and then and only then ask for the amp. Spectron, for example, provides 30 days money back guarantee. I am sure many other manufcturers too.

All The Best
Regarding Class D application and DC offset...I discussed this with Richard personally, and just found a pertinent entry on the Vandersteen website...in the technical section. You have to wade through lots of entries, but you will find the DC offset entry there. It just might be easier to call Vandersteen and speak to him personally.....you will find him a knowledgeable, and fine person to talk to. I am running Ayre amps which have a protection circuit to turn off the amp if it senses any DC offset.
To much bass could have been a side effect of the Legacy speakers, but i doubt it.Its more likely my amp has a more realistic creation of the sound ,where if its on the disc there will be plenty of it compared to class d where it kinda of overtook the end to the point of distraction.
reveiws are meaningless especially when it comes to these amps,only mag that had it close was hi fi critic