Mac C220 vs. Cary Audio SLP 98P

I am thinking of selling my Mac C220 to purchase a Cary Audio SLP 98P. I have read and heard nothing but good things about the Cary and what a difference the addition of it has made in some systems. I must stay in the $4000.00 range and wonder if anyone has had the opportunity to hear these wonderful tube preamps, side by side? I have nothing bad to say about my Mac, I am just another obsessive compulsive hi-fi wacko and an looking for a change after about 4 years. Any observations will be welcome.
Jerry
birdmanpa
Post removed 
the Cary is a great piece, but definitely is warm. it has sins of omission than commission if that makes sense---it will not be as detailed as other preamps.

i've owned it twice actually, so very familiar with it. may try a C2200 very soon though. the C2200 from what i gather is a hair warm, but not overtly so.
I thought the phono section of the C2200 sounded very bright, and lacked depth, comparatively. I don't remember the C2200 be much more expensive than a loaded out SLP98 F-1 either.

I did really like the C2200, I just like the Cary better, and still do. I would buy the C2200 again, but I would keep my current phono stage and not use the one on the
Mac again.