Best preamp for $1000 or less with remote

I'm looking for the best preamp in the price range of $1000 or less to go with my Emotiva XPA-2 power amp; the preamp must have a remote for volume control. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm willing to go more than $1000 on a preamp that might be worth the extra money. Thanks, Bob
bobgates
Would be helpful if you told us what you're using now and what sound qualities you're looking to change and/or improve upon.
Soix - I've been using a Musical Fidelity A308 for a few months now and just picked up a B&K PT3 series 2. Both are nice but looking for something with a bit more air, detail and transparency. Maybe the Bel Canto mentioned by Timrhu would be a good one to try.
That helps, and the first thing that pops to mind is something from Bryston (I own the BP-6). Thought the Adcom recommendation was a good one too, but I remember reading they had some reliability problems in the past but not sure how widespread it was. That should not be much of a concern with anything from Bryston. Best of luck.
Tzh21y - I heard the Pass a few years ago and thought it was a bit on the dry side; overall very nice though.