Pass Labs Int-30a or Naim 282- 250 combo

I have finally decided to move from an all Tube set up to a solid state set up. I am currently using a Thor Pre-amp and Rogue m-150 mono blocks to drive my cremona auditors. Due to both changing tastes and lifestyle I am moving away from tubes.

After auditioning various brands my two favorites in my price range were the Pass Labs Int- 30a using a berkeley alpha dac or I am considering the Naim 282+ 250 with Hi-Cap using the Naim dac. While I had to hear them at two separate dealers, they both sold cremona auditors and had them hooked up with the sub.

I am not sure which direction to go and in some ways these could not be more opposite brands. I am looking for guidance and advice, yet I know that in some ways its got to be emotional and come from some gut instinct.

I am looking for electronics that will accurately play the music that is present without much color. I want to hear what is recorded. Yet at the same time I want to ensure an enjoyable experience.

With the Pass Labs audition I really liked its engaging feeling as well as the soundstage and the presentation. Yet with the Naim I liked how tight the bass control was and how well defined the music was. In some ways I enjoyed the Pass Labs more it was muscial, well controlled, and engaging, yet for some reason I keep on coming back to the Naim, not sure if its because I am supposed to like it or it really left an impression--which was tightness, rhythm, etc.

I am not sure which way to go. I would really appreciate some guidance from all of the experts on AudioGon (I am still relatively new).

jlaz
As for the power cord it is the wierdest thing that power cords could have such a profound effect on the sound of my system.

Very very interesting. Where did you find buy the power cord? Did you order directly from the company?
I replaced my Pass X1 pre with the XP10 and it is a wonderful, warm, musical preamp. Detailed yet smooth, and highly listenable at low volumes. Highly recommended. Have not heard Naim equipment. But I agree with the other posters--don't listen to us; you should go back for another listen if you aren't sure yet!! And don't stress, enjoy the ride. Good luck!
Why don't you try going back to the dealers and explain to them what you like about each amp. Then ask them if they have an amp that combines the two attributes you find appealing. Perhaps you need to broaden your search.