SET Preamps

Can you guys name a few. Advantages and disadvantages ?
128x128audiogabby
Perhaps you meant to enquire of Directly Heated Triode preamps, a less common kettle of particularly tasty fish...?
We make some of the very few tube preamps that are **not** SET... ye olde Dynaco PAS-3 is SET, as is the Citation 1, many of the earlier ARC preamps, the CAT, the Joule Electra; Al is correct- most tube preamps are 'SET'. The term really is for *amplifiers*, where it creates a distinction, not preamps.
I wasn't sure myself when I asked. I heard the term not long ago for a popular Canadian made preamp.
Hi Audiogabby. I have been using a Dehavilland Mecury II for the last three years. I agree with your assessment of it. However, I found that with the proper vibration control applied the bass can be deeper and taught. First, I put a 3mm Marigo Audio VTS dot under all of the tubes. Then I use a set of Marigo Mystery feet under it, which sits on an Adona rack. I also replaced the stock Russian output caps with Mundorf Silver/Oil ones (I consulted Kara before doing this). Finally, I replaced the 5 AW4 rectifier tube with a Tungsol 5U4GB. I'm no longer looking to change preamps.