Merrill VERITAS monoblock amplifiers

I'm about to purchase a pair. Just wondering if current owners are still thrilled with there's? It will be replacing reference Coda 15.0 amp. Any replies are much appreciated!
ptheo
Hi Matt, the Rowland PC-1 will be converting 120V AC into high voltage DC, clean up any mains grundge, and will feed that into the Capri autoranging SMPS. At least in theory, this should reduce Capri S2 sensitivity to power cords. As Capri and PC-1 will both undergo significant break-in for the first 700 hours, it is not possible to determine during the first couple weeks what the effect will be with any aftermarket PCs on them. Once they are stabilized, you might try the new Shunyata Z-tron Alpha, which was designed specificclly for devices with SMPS... Place it on PC-1 and let it break-in.... Then exclude PC-1 and use it directly on Capri S2.... Assess the difference.... Only then you will be able to determine what solution is preferable.

Just warning to anyone getting too audacious and groovey... PC-1 is not a general-purpose conditioner.... Unless you apply it to a component set for 230V or equipped with an autoranging power supply, you are likely to blow the component all together, with much pops, scented fumes of fried plastics, and sudden knashing of teeth... Your theeth that is!

See the following section of the Rowland Knowledge base for 24 article on operational and compatibility information on PC-1:

http://jeffrowlandgroup.com/kb/categories.php?categoryid=23

Saluti, G.
Matt

Looks like you going to have great time with your system.
I just don't understand that general warning not to do business with Europeans as if all US audiophiles worked for mother Teresa. A thief is a thief no matter where he lives and everyone needs to take every measure of caution when spending big $$ on equipment.

Source is a PS Audio Perfectwave 2 DAC being fed by a Core Audio modified Mac Mini running iTunes and Amarra via a Wireworld Platinum Starlight USB cable.

Matt - you will have to try the Lynx Hilo. I am sure a few people can attest to the qualities of it as a pure DAC. Your system will appear nice and clean. Finally if you want to, you can eliminate the preamp altogether.

You should inform Audiogon about the fraud on the Futura so they will remove the user. He is up selling the same speakers again.
Another great review on the VERITAS:

http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2014/01/12/merrill-audio-veritas-monoblock-amplifiers
Now that I have owned the Merrill VERITAS amps for close to six months now, I would like to elaborate my findings & system changes/upgrades I have done. All upgrades were purchased(except for new source) thru Merrill Audio. BTW- Any owner of the VERITAS get’s an automatic discount! First, the system:

1. Changed all my(6) receptacles to Furutech GTX-D which match the TWL 10+ power cords that came with the amps & match my Harmonic Technology Magic Reference II special edition power cords that I use on my pre/pro & source. Both products utilize Furutech plugs.
2. Changed the VERITAS feet from Stillpoints Ultra Mini’s to Ultra SS. Made everything more precise plus bass & treble is cleaner. Soundstage is even wider & deeper on my Apogee speakers now. Just amazing.
3. Changed all my interconnects(two 3.5ft pairs, 10ft pair) & speaker cables(two 4ft pairs) to Merrill’s ANAP cables. I thought my Tara Labs The One & RSC Sub I/C’s & AudioQuest Caldrea S/C’s were my final stop. Boy was I wrong once I heard/compared Merrill’s ANAP cables. Much more clean/musical, fullrange & dynamic as ever. My JL F212 subs the bass is so deep & bass waves are cleaner with much more impact! Plus they are1/4 the price of the other cables I used! What a killer deal Merrill’s ANAP cables are. I’m finally off the crazy Audiogon buy/try/sell merry-go-round!
4. Changed my Oppo-95 to the new 105 which has variable volume control so I can go direct to the VERITAS amps. Nothing better than a direct connection. Period.

So now that I have made all those changes my system has never sounded better in my 29 years of audio. That is a BIG statement for me & I couldn’t be happier. Never did I expect when I was looking for a cooler running amp than my Coda 15.0 Class-A I would find my dream amp- much cooler, smaller & better amp. Not that my Coda was bad, it’s a great amp! But the VERITAS stole my heart. The cooool running really is the clinger. BUT, if they did ran hot like Class-A, forget about it- I would have returned them without a doubt no matter how great they sounded. Does it sound like a Class-A amp, no. I did notice the VERITAS have a little lighter/faster tone than my Coda. Or you can take it as my Coda was sluggish. All I know is I haven’t not stop listening nor shut off the amps since I bought them! I’ve almost have goin’ thru my 500+ CD collection & it’s like hearing them for the first time. Yes I said it. I’m listening my old Nazareth ‘From the Vaults’ CD right now & every tune never sounded better! Man I LOVE the way my system sounds now! I’m really looking forward to high definition DSD downloads. One of my audio/music friends did let me borrow three SACD’s: Stockfish Records Sara K- Made in the Shade, Capitol Records Nat ‘King’ Cole- After Midnight, Proprius Sound Cantate Domingo. All sound so real/lifelike with the Oppo-105 to Merrill VERITAS amps with the direct connection via Merrill’s ANAP cables. It’s like Nat is right in my livingroom playing in front of me. So cool! But my fav is the Cantate Domingo, what an incredible voice & recording.

If you still think I’m crazy, check out the latest online stereomojo review. The reviewer echo’s a lot of my original thoughts I wrote about when I first bought them. Quiet, dynamic, lifelike, cool, small & Merrill’s incredible built quality, Too funny! It even won the MAXIMUM MOJO award! I every review I have read has been nothing but positive, bigtime. I look forward to reading about them in the Absolute Sound or Sterophile someday, I hope. BTW- Merrill is a first class guy all the way- nice as came be to talk too & a very sincere honest person. He could charge ALOT more for his ANAP cables, but he doesn’t & I respect that very much.

So as you can see yes, I’m totally smitten with my VERITAS amps in the six months of use & don’t plan on changing anything in my system for years to come. Great feeling content wise & money($$$$$) wise. Many thanks & great job Merrill!

Later guys!