Any suggestions on Tube Buffers?

I have an Onkyo P-308 M-508 amp/preamp combo that I'm quite pleased with but am curious to wet my feet in the world of tubes. Anyone have any experience with this? I was thinking about a Grant Fidelity M-283 tube buffer between the amp and preamp. I know it's not a full blown tube setup but maybe it will give me a little taste of the magic. I really don't want to have to take out a second mortgage. I will be driving Polk SDA-1B speakers. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
timpeace
Post removed 
Post removed 
Viridian makes an excellent point! that is the primary reason for a 'buffer' - tubed or otherwise. In fact the BBA I alluded to stood for Buffer Booster Amplifier, and was made specifically for impedance compatibility. a common use for this is between a device of high output impedance to one of low input impedance, like a SS amp. You'll need to know specs to determine if this is the case for you.

The sound benefits in theory are fuller sound and non-rolled off extremes (characteristics of impedance mistmatch) but beyond that, there is an alteration in sound from the unit itself, impedance matching notwithstanding.
I must agree with the growing consensus on this thread. I would save for a tube preamp. I owned a Musical Fidelity X10v3 tube buffer, with the external power supply, and although I liked it for a period of time, I ultimately removed it from the system. It never wowed me like many tube preamps have.
I've been searching a little on Agon and found this thread with some people that have real experience with a buffer. It's all pretty positive.

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1202443614&openfrom&1&4#1