tube amp for ProAc Response.. need suggestions

hi guys, i will try to keep it short & simple

my setup consists of a peachtree decco dac/pre and a mcintosh mc7100 amp in a ~11x15 room.. and just picked up a set of proac response 1.5

i used to have b&w 805's which is why i bought mcintosh, but i've read tubes work better with proac and i want to give it a shot

i do not want an integrated because my peachtree is staying as the dac/pre... i've read conrad johnson and audio research work very well with proacs

unfortunately my budget is capped around $1000, but i'm happy to buy used off the audiogon market

any suggestions/advice would be appreciated, thanks!
koven
Second the PrimaLuna suggestion, I have heard this combination more than once, and it works very nicely. You could probably find a used one within your budget.
i've a pair of proac response D1 speakers with prima luna prologue two running on SED C wing, rca clear top and sylvania 5751. It's a magical experience.
Doesn't that model Rogue have that noisy fan? I couldn't take that noise very long. Kept mine for a few months. Went with the M120 instead
Once I heard that Stewart Tyler himself uses Audio Research gear at his home. Don't know wheter this is true or not, but I have seen a lot of AR+ProAc combos in the audio shows.