Shindo advice

I'm looking to upgrade from my long-time pre reference, a Joule LA200/ops-1, and have settled on a Shindo - either a Monbrison or Masseto. My question has to do with a lot of people I see on audiogon moving from the Monbrison to the Masseto, and fairly quickly. The obvious answer would be that they love their Monbrison and just want more. I know one can not go wrong with either, but we all know that there are sweet spots in every designer's line and I'm just wondering if its also because the Masseto is a big jump rather than an incremental one. Just curious.

Would also like to hear some more opinions on differences between Monbrison and Masseto.

Last,any opinions about me digging around for an older Catherine?

To get an idea of who I am, I run an all SET/nos tubed system with a TNT4/Graham/Cardas Heart analog rig. I sold my main speakers and am looking around, using my backup Spendor LS3/5As for now. Past speakers have been Quad US63s and ESP Concert Grands.

Thanks for the help.
asa
Bobh, I got the wrong KCS...they look very purist. Not much resale, I assume, but then again I'm looking for speakers for the long haul. I only see one model, the Seas Exotic, is that what you have?
Asa,

The model I had built is not showned on KCS website..My monitor is larger than the Seas Exotic shown on his site and also includes a Raal ribbon tweeter. After inital breakin (400 - 600 hrs) it would be very hard for me to live without the Raal ribbon tweeter. These speakers put the performers in my room, they are fast, dynamic & have a organic sound to them. When I upgraded to the LA300ME the speakers improved to another level. Very addicting! I live in Oregon if you wanted to have a listen. Still it would worth your while to contact John at KCS and see if he had something you might like. IMO the KCS monitors I have are a real gem in this crazy hobby we enjoy. Resale value is proably very low due to lack of exposure but these speakers are simular to the Supratek preamps that were brought to light by another audiogon member.
BTW I owned one of these suprateks and it was a great preamp.
Asa,

Do a search on "6moons audio reviews: Reality Check with John Kalinowksi" to get an idea on what John does.

Forgive me if you've already found this link.

I would like to hear Bobheinatz's setup. I'm always intrigued by custom stuff at a reasonable price.
Thanks, Bobh. We have a lot in common. Incidentally, I was one of those Supratek guys; I had one of the first ones in the States and wrote a review for Ultimate Audio mag (that went under before it was published) and that Mick had on his web site.

So, now you have me intrigued...whats more I live in N. IL, not too far from KCS I assume. We'll see.

Right now I need to get a preamp!
I wanted to put my two cents in on Matt Rotunda at Pitch Perfect in San Fran, CA. I've been in touch with him and he's been very helpful. A real gentleman. I would encourage anyone looking at a Shindo to give him a call.