Can tube rolling change bass?

Hi, I am curious if tube rolling can change bass performance? my pre amp is a juicymusic peach and my amp is a rotel 980 bx, my speakers are dyi 91db. thanks,Scott
52tiger
On my ARC LS26 I changed OEM tubes for BAT Supertube DR and increased bass and also brought midrange into the light more. I would expect you can get the same results with the right tube.
Yes but first dialing speakers in to room, amp to speakers, and pre to power amp ( especially with some tube pre-amps in regards to pre-amp output to amp input impedance)is important. Once this is all right, then tube rolling can be an effective tweak in many cases.
Totslly agree with Mapman. I have rolled more tubes than I care to remember and changes in bass are mostly subtle and could be considered a tweak. Deep bass is mostly derived from woofers and subwoofers and the equipment driving them, not from tubes.
I agree with Cyclonicman that deep bass is not mainly provided by tubes, though they can be considered a tweak. As such, I think he would obviously agree that because some tubes supply more warmth and fullness, one might perceive or experience more of an apparent enhancement in mid and certainly upper bass/lower midrange performance. I have certainly found this to be true using Mullard 12au7s and Brimar 12ax7s simultaneously in my Air Tight ATM-3 monoblock amps. Of course, utilizing such a combination as this may, for some ears, also manifest an unacceptable degree of masked detail from the midrange on down. As always it comes down to a matter of personal taste and satisfaction.
Post removed