CJ preamps?

Borowed a friends CJ PV4 an older tube pre. It really made my ATI amp and OHM Walshs sound great, much better than the SAE I was using. I am interested in which CJ pres to look at used say up to $1500? I see lots of different variations just on Agon now....PV 10, 10B 10AL and so on. Which models should I be looking for? I saw a reference on another site that said only look at 3. 6. 9,10? HELP.

Also, havent heard them but saw a pre from Canary Audio for $400....the CA200. Anyone familiar with these? I saw a great writeup for other more expensive units from them...they seem be a low profile sleeper.
joekapahulu
Among the vintage models, the PV-5 - the archetype of CJ preamps - or its immediate descendant, the PV-8 offer that wonderfully glowing CJ sonic. If you can reach beyond the PV line, apart from the ART, the Premier 16 is the pinnacle of 20th Century CJ preamps.
Electroid, you're going to get a diverse set of opinions. All (OK, almost all) of the CJ preamps are great; some more than others. My preferences in your price range are the PV-12 and the Premier 14. These will provide you with the warm, lush sound that CJ affectionados prefer. If you want to try something more neutral sounding the PF-R is a great solid state amp that still retains some of the signature CJ sound.
Thanks BR, I thought he meant the CJ CA-200. I use a passive now myself that utilizes a good Vishay resistor ladder like the better CJ preamps. The PV-14 is the cheapest one CJ made with that volume control. It could be purchased with or without a phono stage. Cheers!

ET

I like nothing better than the "juke box sound" of the 60's, and my PV-12L with NOS 12au7 tubes delivers what warms my heart when I get into a nostalgic bag.