Best surround processor $2-2.5K used ????

I am planning to purchase McIntosh MC205 as the power amp (used). I already have B&W 804 (front L & R) and HTM2 (center)

What is the best surround processor I can get for in between $2K to $2.5K (used) that can, hopefully, play HDMI and all the latest THX, etc?

Than you!
slim1
None in my opinion! I've read all the reviews and they coincide with my experience with the NAD T175 -- there simply isn't an HDMI processor on the market that I know of without any problems (popping noises, hdmi handshake, etc.). Bet best is to pick up a used Onkyo Integra DTC-9.8 for about $800, and wait for something like the NAD M15HD to start showing up on the used market. I personally just bought a NAD M15 and am going to use analog outputs.

Maybe some people could tolerate operational quirks better than I can...
Pick up the Mcintosh MX132 used on Audiogon now, Get a HDMI switcher..Run the Audio thru good audio cables.

Great Price Fix.
I am on my second hdmi rec. My first was the Onkyo 875. It ran HOT,HOT. but who could complain about doing hot dogs and marshmallows in your living room.? It failed within 4 months.---BUT,before its demise it sounded great for sure. Then I bought the Denon 4308ci. It has had no problems of any nature. I honestly think the Onkyo sounded more dynamic but reliability counts too. I use my main front amp for the fronts.--They all have pre-outs.---Re. the "handshake" or other issues---I have experienced NONE.-----BUT--- I wouldn't buy a used one. The differences between a rec. with an outboard amp and a processor aren't as huge as one might think. Not to mention the extra amps/wires and clutter.
Sure; I understand those that want the best wouldn't want my solution.
Thank you all.

How does a HDMI switcher work? I also heard of a HDMI card. Are they the same as a switcher?