Considering a move to Exposure or Naim

Hi all,

I currently run a Rega Saturn and YBA YA201 integrated amp. I find this combination to be a little too un-involving. Almost like the music is too smooth, too weighed down. Some songs sound great, but I listen to a lot of rock and it just isn't rocking enough.

So I'm considering a move to an Exposure 2010s amp and CDP, or a Naim Nait 5i amp and CD5i CDP. If anyone has any insight into these it would be much appreciated.

The Rega Saturn is a great player and I'd be a bit disappointed to give it up, but I believe some of the edge I'm missing is due to the Saturn. I am pretty interested in using only one brand as well, as I perceive that would yield more synergy than I am getting currently. I'm not all that excited about getting a Mira3 to pair with the Saturn, although it is an option and something I can listen to. My dealer carries Naim, Exposure, Rega, and Cambridge Audio.

I guess it all depends on my listening to the gear and deciding which combination I like best, but I hope to hear some feedback from you all.

Cheers
fusion10
Although great results can be had by carefully matching components, IMO one can reduce the chances that components will not match well by using components from the same manufacturer. For example, I owned all McCormack electronics and was very pleased with the result. Everything was "voiced" by McCormack at approx the same time, using the same equipment. I have heard a all Naim system and it sounded very good. So IMO, using components from the same manufacturer can hieghten system synergy.
Geph0007, from what I've read online it seems that a lot of Naim users also enjoy Exposure. It would seem that the two are quite similar then, and both have a reputation for great rhythm and timing.

Tbromgard, I haven't had much luck mixing different names. I tend to agree that the safe bet is to use the same brand and that's the direction I am leaning. Though I would imagine the brands I am looking at (Creek, Rega, Exposure) would all get along pretty well, since they all seem to be after a similar kind of sound.
Fusion

Either go all Naim or all Exposure. Its that simple.
Some of the most fondest memories is when i had an all Naim kit driving a pair of NEAT loudspeakers. Did none of the audiophile things but boy was it fun with all types of music but especially rock.
I would go with a used Nait5i and CD5 with flatcap. Your Monitor Audio speakers would do fine. Get some NACA5 speaker wire (cheap) and be done
I have been there . and have been a Naim-fan for aany years. Naim throws a very dynamic, life-like and organic music reproduction, and the upgraded PS adds additional definition, particullary on the bass.

Carefull speaker matching is important, I lived very happy with top-of-the-line Monitor Audio speakers by that time.

I remember I switched back to tubes to Manley gear, not better but a different option.
Do not rule out Naim because of the lack of sub output in the Nait 5i, you should listen to the Naim CD5i paired with the Naim Nait XS. It has 10 extra watts of power and the sub output you are looking for. I run a Nait 5i and Naim CD5i with a pair of Anthony Gallo Reference 3.1s. The sound is fantastic. I demoed the Rega CD player and the Naim CD5i at the time of my purchase. The Naim wins hands down. Good luck. Trust your own ear. That is the key.