Kudos to Audio Research

Fixed at no charge! I bought used Ref 210s here on Audiogon about a year ago. Ordered a new tube set from ARC about 5 weeks ago. One 6550 output tube went bad and burned some circuitry. ARC fixed the problem, which was a lot more than just a blowen fuse, and shipped it back in a new box.

I really thought it was going to cost me $1,000.

After 30 hours the unit seems rock solid and sounds great.

Thanks Audio Research.
Terry
Ag insider logo xs@2xtdaudio
Post removed 
Had a tube amp and a tube blew and the amp was kaput for a bit, sent it back, got it repaired, and has worked as good as ever, give or take a little tube age, so on my experience, a blown tube can blow an amp, but also not necessarily so.
Jab-I think I would have to disagree with you on that point
as a bad tube can bring down a amp if the design is not there to protect other components that maybe involved;if a tube shorts biasing resistors and/or caps may burn as well as tube sockets;level of damage can be a simple resistor to as melted area on the circuit board or tube socket.
Friend of mine who has a Audio Research amp sent it in to be fixed.
His amp is from the early 80s. It cost too much to get fixed so he asked them to please send it back.
Much to his surprise when his amp returned from ARC all of the parts that needed to be replaced were send along free of charge.
Good on them.
I agree I have had many different brands of tube amps as well. If the amp is designed properly a tube should not take out circuits. Good designs are VTL, CAT, VAC. The bad design was Conrad Johnson.