Tubes for Modulus 3A

I took delivery of a used Modulus 3a today. I have a Modulus 3 which will go to my second system upstairs. I am not happy with the sound of this preamp, it sounds a bit thin, not much bass. I replaced the tubes with new Sovtek 6922's, but I am still not there yet.

I don't want NOS tubes and want to keep the price low and I also don't want tubes that will die in a few months. Recommendations please? I want more bass!!!
128x128stereo5
I didn't try the tubes from my other preamp as I had already installed it in my office system. The sound seems to be getting better as the tubes break in, There is definitely more detail than my Modulus 3 had and the bass is tight, but not full. Rest of the system is Classe 15 (175wpc) amp, Vandersteen 2ce signature speakers, Raysonic 168 cd player, Marantz 8001 sacd player, Magnum Dynalab tuner. All cables and speaker wire are MIT Terminator 2, and power cords and conditioning is courtesy of Shunyata.
Have you tried a pair of Mullards? Though a little pricey there are bargains around. The Modulus pieces are hard on tubes from what I read.