SMc Audio VRE preamp anyone?

As the title suggests -- anyone have experience with this McCormack preamp? I used to have a TLC-1, DNA.5 and Mod Squad phono stage set up that has always stayed in memory as a wonderfully musical amplification package. I've moved on (and up, to some extent) and now have a pair of Spectron Monos needing a new (hopefully long-lived, if not final) preamp upgrade. I'm interested in learning more about Steve's ultimate pre-amp from anyone who has heard one.

Thanks
oscar44
Post removed 
Hi Oscar -

I just want to point-out that there is an owner review of the VRE-1 posted in the Reviews section here on Audiogon. Here is the link:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/frr.pl?rprea&1212186368&read&3&4&

There is another owner planning to post his observations in the reviews section in a week or 2, so keep an eye out for that. And, of course, feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Best regards,

Steve McCormack
SMc Audio
I love to hear such enthusiasm about equipment. Since owning the calypso I do not see myself searching for any new preamp any time soon, but I was wondering how much better is the vre over the calypso? Please be gentle I like the calypso very much maybe I shouldn't have asked.
Post removed 
Tvad,
Thanks.
;
Just wondering if this preamp is that good, why not come up with trickle down technology of this design for less so more of us can purchase it.
It would be great to see a U.S.A. product dominate the audio scene by making an affordable preamp that outperforms the European models like Dartzeel and the Japanese Zanden-- it is Japanese isn't it. My point let's bring U.S. back to its former glory and at the same time for us paupers to be able to afford world class preamps.