VAC Signature Preamplifier mkII

I just wanted to share with my fellow audiophiles how much I am enamored by my new VAC Ren Signature Preamp. It sounds fabulous, mates beautifully with tubes or SS, silent background and extremely musical. I have owned ARC Ref 3, VTL 7.5, and Accuphase 2410, all world class preamps. IMHO the VAC is simply more musical/natural, true of most of the VAC line.(the Ren mkIII is also a great preamp)

No I am not a dealer or spokesperson for VAC, just a satisfied customer....a great understated company, with few reviews, great execution, and wonderful people including Kevin Hayes, the quiet and modest master.
audiobrian
"I have done a lot of tube rolling in the Io and Callisto and Aria and the rebuilt SA-2 power supplies to know the benefits of tubes in a PS."

There are also benefits in not having rectifier tubes in power supplies. Some of the very preamps in the world use solid state power supplies. Boulder, Levinson, Dartzeel, FM Acoustics, Vitus, VAC REN Sig, Ayre, Conrad Johnson new GAT and the list goes on. I would say that fewer use tube rectifiers then solid state. Just like you will start to see more Hybrid amps down the road that use solid state output and tubed input. Best of both worlds.

You have never heard the new Saturn Signature series correct? These are not meant to replace the standard Saturn series. So how can you commit on the way it should sound? These are not minor changes in the signature and it's not just replacing the caps, this is an $3500 upgrade. That's like me saying I know the sound of your Aria because I heard the parts used inside before. I have no idea how a Aria preamp sounds so I don't commit on it.

A great example is the ARC Ls26. All they really did in it is changed the caps and a couple other things from the LS25MKII but the two sound nothing like one another. Now the LS26 sounds better then the old REF 2 MKII. Even ARC admits that and I heard it first hand. The REF 2 MKII uses a tube in it's power supply but the LS26 doesn't . Weird a....
Gotta love audio forums....no offense guys, but you're hijacking a thread a guy started about how happy he was with his preamp into a whole other debate...

That said, thanks for the feedback on the Tung Sol Mtdking
Your right....Sorry

I also tired some Ken Rads and RCA 6sn7. The Ken rad really added to the bass (to much) and the RCA really warmed it up but slowed it down. The Sylvania pre 1955 was very good and they are very close to the Tung sol.

Email member Tindersticki, he tried a bunch of tubes in the 300.1 and still has some left over for sale on audiogon. He also knows the 300.1 very well.
Another VAC fan here. I have been using VAC Auricle 70 monoblocs for a couple of years and only recently picked up a Renaissance MKII pre (not the signature) with built in MM/MC, which I am thrilled with. The phono section is very quiet and sounds excellent, though I wish it had a touch more gain available in MC mode. The Ren MKII replaced a Dodd pre, which was very good, but the Ren MKII is a more polished performer with a seductive midrange that just pulls you into the music.
Thanks to all the respondants.
I believe we are all speaking of world class preamps:)
The Ren Sig mkIIA (just a slight remake on the cosmetics and now available with 2 XLR outs) does it for me, but I'm sure I could be very happy with the Aesthetix preamps and the Aria. I tried the original Janus; alittle to noisy for me, but I'm told the Signature model eliminates most of this issue.
One thing for sure..we are dealing with class acts when we speak of Kevin Hayes, Jim White and Michael Elliott.
Enjoy!