EL34 differences in air & stage depth?

I've been searching the threads trying to learn about differences between different EL34 tube offerings. Most comments seem directed at tonal qualities. I'm curious if any have compared and found differences in "air" and stage depth. My system is posted. The H-1 appears to come with Shuguang EL34s. It does many things well but I'd like a little more openess in the presentation. Possibly this means more mid-range forwardness and/or greater high end extension. Thinking about "tube rolling" (KT77s as well as EL34s). Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance for your input.
128x128ghosthouse
RAM Labs (Roger Modjeski) sells Siemens EL34s as well. Use them in my Music Reference RM9SE.
Mike - OK. That's great. Let your ears be your guide!
I'm a total novice on this NOS tube thing. I wanted to do the Siemens but started to get confused when I saw the differential in pricing between NOS Siemens offerings: e.g., Upscale Audio vs The Tube Store vs The Tube Depot (I think I'm right on remembering Tube Depot). As I kept searching around to try and understand what was behind the difference in price I stumbled on this "Tube Classics" site. He has some great pictures and info but what really threw me was the statement on the site, "EL34 tubes made by Telefunken in West Germany are pretty rare and Siemens and Lorenz never made any EL34 tube." I guess tubes marketed by Siemens were made by others? (Phillips and Ei)?? Anyway, it all started to seem way too complicated (especially given the pricing, the existence of fakes and me not having a clue what I was doing). So I went with current production. If you got something that sounds good to you, great...that's all that really matters.

If you are interested, the Tube Classics site can be found here:
http://www.tube-classics.de/TC/Tubes/SieTel%20EL34/EL34.htm

Pubul57 - thanks for the input. I'll check out RAMLabs.
As you no doubt know, input tubes make a bigger improvement in sound quality. First things first.
Ivanj -
Thanks for taking the time to reply. If I understand things correctly, given that the H-1 is a a different sort of hybrid design (transistor-based pre) I don't have a small tube upgrade option. I did upgrade them on the JoLida I had been running, however.