Krell KRC-3 vs Adcom GFP-750 vs DAC1 Pre

I use an Adcom GFP-750 as a preamp, mostly in passive mode but I will sometimes switch in the active gain stage. In better time I owned a Levinson 380s and liked it a great deal. The adcom reminds me of the 380s. I am considering a Krell KRC-3 to use with my Krell power amp. I am also considering a DAC1 Pre in place of the Adcom and the DacMagic. Please let me know if you feel it either would be a useful step up. I don't need to spend the difference if it won't really gain me anything.

system in stereo mode:
Sony xa9000es
Logitech Duet -> DacMagic via coax
Adcom GFP-750
Krell FPB-600
Infinity Prelude MTS

I use an Onkyo sc885 in the same system for movies.
patrickp
The two passives in your price to search for in forums are the Placette and the Sonic Euphoria which go the raves.
Cheers
Chazz
I have to second the KRC2. I used one for a few years and loved it. Only reason I replaced it was the KCT matched my Krell amp cosmetically & was allegedly better. It was quieter than a church mouse and had a lot more features than the KRC3 I believe. You can look at the Krell website for a copy of the owners manual, it may help you decide. I needed all the inputs it had as well. I couldnÂ’t recommend it enough. I almost wish I had it back instead of the KCT. AlmostÂ…
Good luck, John
Thanks for the advice. I have some reservations about the KRC-2 as it doesn't seem to have a HT bypass. I suppose I could build a quality A-B XLR switch or use the record monitor function as a makeshift solution.
Perhaps the TAPE function could be used for the bypass...?
I am not sure, but it seems that I recall that being done.
Good luck, John