Founder of Valve Amplification Co. VAC passes...

...Channing W. Hayes. My deepest condolences to his son Kevin and family. Here is a link to the VAC web site where Kevin gives a touching Memoriam to his beloved father:

http://www.vac-amps.com/cwh.htm

sherod
Great reccomendation for reading Douglas. A friend gave me this book about a year after I lost my Dad, very insightful look into others relationships and grieving processes.
Arthursmuck,
Thank you for the clarification. I did state that Channing was the founder and it was indeed his son, Kevin, who founded VAC. VAC was Kevin's vision. He has always been the main driving force behind the VAC equipment and it was Kevin who has voiced the VAC equipment. Kevin's father, Channing, was there for help and support. My apologies to Kevin for my ignorance.
I did not know your dad.I did know the Vac/Talon/Rives combo. No one is immortal but he certainly left a legacy for his family and the world to enjoy.
A sad but beatiful memorium to a fine man. One of the most beautiful sounds I ever heard in audio was at the now long defunct Esoteric on Long Island. A pair of Shahinian Diapasons driven by a VAC amp and preamp. Glorious.
I never knew the older gentleman who often answered the phone at VAC was Kevin's father. My condolences to Kevin and his family. I had a similar relationship with my father and I know what Kevin is going through. I've never been able to afford a new VAC product but I do support the used VAC market and have always been treated with courtesy and respect whenever I have called VAC.