Founder of Valve Amplification Co. VAC passes...

...Channing W. Hayes. My deepest condolences to his son Kevin and family. Here is a link to the VAC web site where Kevin gives a touching Memoriam to his beloved father:

http://www.vac-amps.com/cwh.htm

sherod
It is a great blessing to have a good father/son relationship, one which Kevin has been kind enough to share with the audio community.

There is "good mourning" and "bad mourning", meaning that some people cope with the death of a loved one well, while others do not. Kevin is showing that he will "mourn well" his father's death, as is evidenced by his memorial to him and their shared faith.

I began to read a fascinating book years ago called "FatherLoss" by Neil Chethik. I admit I made it only halfway through, but am motivated now to pick it up again (The average man reads less than one book/year after high school). It's not a directed religious work; several different world faiths and belief systems are represented among the men sharing their stories, but rather a discussion of the earth-shattering impact of the death of a man's father, as well as personal accounts of how these men coped. The book suggests that if a man does not adjust well to his father's death his entire life will be adversely effected. There are general observations in regard to the time frame of the son's age when his father passed away, i.e. 18-18-32, 33-55, etc. This book could be helpful to some.
Kevin's dad was a great guy and I know he will be missed. My condolences to the Hayes family.

It is a great tribute to his dad that Kevin is the way he is.

I consider Kevin a friend and greatly appreciate our conversations on audio, cars, politics, Brittney, etc. I consider myself very fortunate to have spoken with CW over the years and to own VAC gear. Honesty, integrity, humility, quality, ability, the continual quest for improvement and the willingness to help solve issues run rampant at VAC, which is a great thing for all of us in audio. The audio community is much the better for having had Kevin's dad as well as Kevin as a part of it.
Great reccomendation for reading Douglas. A friend gave me this book about a year after I lost my Dad, very insightful look into others relationships and grieving processes.
Arthursmuck,
Thank you for the clarification. I did state that Channing was the founder and it was indeed his son, Kevin, who founded VAC. VAC was Kevin's vision. He has always been the main driving force behind the VAC equipment and it was Kevin who has voiced the VAC equipment. Kevin's father, Channing, was there for help and support. My apologies to Kevin for my ignorance.
I did not know your dad.I did know the Vac/Talon/Rives combo. No one is immortal but he certainly left a legacy for his family and the world to enjoy.