Shindo Auriges vs. Cary SLP98

Hello! I have an opportunity to purchase a Shindo Auriges preamp at a great price, but will have no opportunity to hear it in my system or compare against my existing Cary SLP-98 F1. I have heard great things about the Shindo, so I am tempted to pull the trigger on this deal. Rest of the system is Cary V-12i, Audio Physic Virgos, VPI Scout w/Blackbird, Shanling T-100 CD through modded EAD 7000 DAC, Audience AU24 cabling.
I know this is pretty subjective, but any thoughts?
slaw3
Polk432, which one sounds better to you, the V12R or the 120S? Thanks for your comments.
Another thing: Replace the stock input tubes in your v-12-r with 12BZ7s. Outstanding! You really don't need another amp.
Slaw, I assume you're talking about the Aurieges MM which has a built in MM phono stage(the Aurieges L is only a linestage). I think Plinko was suggesting that you can't compare a full function preamp to a line stage?

FWIW, similar to Rchau I also sold off all my other gear to buy Shindo when I first heard the Aurieges. I belong to an audio group here in Toronto and two other members have recently bought Monbrisons after hearing my little Aurieges. As someone previously indicated, Shindo excels in tonality and flow. If you want to be drawn into the music, nothing beats Shindo.