Hooking up 2 amps to one set of speakers

I have a HT setup and I would like to use a 2 channel amp for 2 channel audio use using the same set of speakers (B&W 804's). The obvious choice of adding a 2 channel is is to get one with a HT Bypass, but I am finding many other amps I like without this feature. As a workaround to a 2 channel amp without the HT Bypass, I was thinking of hooking up the HT receiver to the speakers using Banana connectors and the 2 channel amp to the same set of speakers using Spade connectors. As long as there is only 1 signal going to the speakers, I see no problem doing this. Could impedance be an issue? Any other concerns with doing this?
thanks to all.
pmwoodward
Don't do it. Even assuming that you never make the mistake of having both amps powered at the same time, there may still be a shunting of one by the other depending on the design. In some cases, it may work. In others, boom.

Get a switch.

Kal
Don't do it. The first time you make a mistake and leave (or turn) them both on you will fry one set of amps, or a receiver.
Lots of concerns. Outputs of two amps (at least solid state amps) should never be connected together, and what you are proposing to do does exactly that.

It's hard to predict what will happen without specific design details on each amp, and what will happen will depend on whether the one that is not being used is on or off, but it is highly conceivable that damage to either or both amps can result.

Even if damage does not result, if the unused amp is on, it would have a very low output impedance, likely a small fraction of an ohm if it is solid state, which would cause excessive loading of the amp that is in use. If the unused amp is off, its output impedance is probably undefinable, with unpredictable loading effects on the other amp.

Don't do it!

Regards,
-- Al