which non ARC poweramp do you use with ARC REF 3

Which non ARC poweramp do you use with ARC REF 3 and why .I will start myself , in the Netherlands you can 't make an audition for the REF 210 or 610 as no dealer has this gear in house.You simply have to order special for you at the importer if you would own one .So I will believe the poweramps are as good as the importer promisses , but I had the "luck "to try at my own home the BAT VK 1000 monblocks, and they stayed here.I listen with the CD7 , PH5 and B & W 800N loudspeakers.
128x128hansk46
I have found excellent synergy for my Audio Research Ref 3 with the Lamm M 1.2 Ref monoblock amplifiers. I recommend that you refer to a series of product reviews by Marc Michelson at soundstage.com.

I have tried Audio Research tube and hybrid amps and Krell and Pass solid state amps with this same system, but in my opinion, the Lamm tops all of them when matched with the Ref 3. Even though the Lamm is rated at 100 wpc at 8 ohms, there is an output impedance adjustment switch. These amps are more powerful than their rating would suggest.

One recommendation for the hybrid Lamms: they are supplied with one Russian-sourced 6922 tube. I strongly recommend that you replace this 6922 tube with a NOS tube of your preference--telefunken, seimans, etc. This will improve upon the transparency and character of the sound.

If possible, audition the Lamm M1.2 Ref. Best of luck in your search.
Gryphon Antileon Signature. Pure class A. Very good into low impedance speakers. Better bass control than tube amps.
I had great success pairing my ARC Ref 3 with a BAT VK-75SE, especially once I had the BAT modified by Bob Backert.

Cheers,
John
If the ARC's output impedence is low enough, I imagine it would work with a variety of amps. Shouldn't you be asking the question more what amp works with your speakers? I'd think that is harder to get the synergy right.

Best, Peter
I'd be interested to see whether more people have tried Krell. I don't have ARC gear myself but I witnessed a presentation that went slightly amiss and I have been wondering why that should have been the case. In this particular instance, a Krell Evo 402 substituted the originally programmed ARC REF 110 amp to accompany the ARC REF 3, as the organizer considered the ARC not powerful enough to fill a large acoustically damped hotel conference room with a few dozen people in it. When the music got loud (as in very LOUD!), I noticed what seemed like distortion. Speakers were the new Sonus Faber Amati Anniversario (rest of the system, see thread: World of Hifi in Wiesbaden). So I wonder, don't ARC and Krell "like" each other electrically?