best preamp under 4000 to match 4b sst

Ok, i have just bought a Bryston 4b sst after getting a good deal at my dealer. I had started a thread earlier this week and i was told to get my amp first. So thats what i did. So now im looking for a great preamp to match up My 4b sst. I was suggest a simaudio p5.3. Any other suggestions?
maverick_spd
The Dodd preamp looks very interesting, im looking on audiogon if i can find one in maple right now. At the right price i might purchase that one. The red wine isabella seems very nice too but cant seem to find a really mint used one. Thanks for all your comments guys im researching all the pre's mentioned and trying to make a good choice here.
I will doubt finding used RWA Isabella .....at least in a very near future.
Dodd seldom shows up for sell and when it does, it sells in few days max.
But, even for its asking price - it's well worth it.
I owned both ( still have the RWA ) and can asure you that you won't be sorry.

Regards
Mariusz
>>there are 3 audio dodds for sale on audiogon right now<<
Wow.......................it is your call as always.

One thing about Dodd preamp that you should know.
It is not what I would call warmish sounding preamp.
At least not with the stock tubes (JJs).
Swapping JJs for Mullard CV2493's will give you that beautiful midrange with extra texture and well balanced high as well as low frequencies.

Isabella on the other hand is a bit warmer, define from the get go.
It is non-fatiguing, layered/textured with sound characteristics that reminds me of the analog qualities which I learned to love and enjoy.

Johnnie Walker (my favorite scotch) Black and Blue is how I would describe the Dodd and Isabella preamps. Dodd, being more like the Black Label and Isabella with all the flavor and refinement that Blue Label posses.

However I can't stress enough how beneficial and rewarding the addition of RWA Isabellina DAC option truly is. It makes the digital listenable...........no, I won't describe the sound characteristics with useless adjective.
It simply let you enjoy the music and hypnotize at times.

The best money I spend on digital and preamplification ever.

Regards
Mariusz
I would love to the Red Wine Mariusz but its more then double the price of the dodd audio