Impressions of Belles 150 Amp?

The title says it all. I'm considering a Belles 150 not a A150 or the Hot Rod.
gorquin
Thanks you for the input.

The amp is relatively inexpensive and if it has an issue I do have a bench setup with load, scope, freq. counter, variac, signal gen. etc.

TS49 thanks, I should have, but forgot about impedance matching.

I'm thinking of getting one of the Dynaco PAS units and rebuilding it. I've seen a schematic on line for a SRPP preamp circuit with an output impedance of about 3K Ohms. I know some companies offer a similar mod.

Anyone try one of these mods on a PAS 2-3 yourself?
07-26-15: Tls49((( One thing to keep in mind is that the input impedance is somewhat low (25K ohms), so a tube preamp with a very high output impedance (above 2.5K ohms) will not mate well.)))

Not, its 100 K no problem for a Tube pre amp
JohnnyR
07-26-15: Audioconnection
07-26-15: Tls49((( One thing to keep in mind is that the input impedance is somewhat low (25K ohms), so a tube preamp with a very high output impedance (above 2.5K ohms) will not mate well.)))

Not, its 100 K no problem for a Tube pre amp
JohnnyR
Sorry JohnnyR, the 100K is for the Belles 150A. I had the manual with my original Belles 150 and the specification listed was 25K. I used a few different preamps with the 150, and did have trouble with one tube preamp. That's why I remember the specification.
I'm thinking of getting one of the Dynaco PAS units and rebuilding it. I've seen a schematic on line for a SRPP preamp circuit with an output impedance of about 3K Ohms.
IMHO, that 3K will be too high to work well with the original 150. Most will say the difference should be at least 10X, and even more would be better.

Just found this ad for the Belles 150 with one of the pictures showing a sheet with specifications,

Belles 150 Stereo Power Amp