TUBE AMP LOVERS - What SS amp makes you smile???

I'm looking for input from tube amp lovers that have switched from tube to solid state amplifiers and not looked back.

What tube amp did you move on from?

What SS amp provided the same level of musicality, keeping you smiling for the long-haul?

Thanks.
barrelchief
I like my Odyssey Khartargo Mono Blocks, and my VTL ST 85 tube amp, they both sound good.
Electrocompaniet mono-blocks - have had 25 amps and like these very much.

Smooth, yet authoritative. No SS glare, no roll-off, no loose bass.
First: I think Minorl's comments are spot on.

Now, to my recent experience. For many years I've been running an all-tube system using upgraded MFA electronics. For those who are familiar with MFA, you know what I'm talking about.

The other day, on a whim, I purchased an NAD C272 power amp. In my system, mated with the Lumi preamp, the NAD is shockingly good. In some ways it's a better match with the Magnepan MMG's than my mono tube amps. Bass is cleaner and more articulate, and the speakers sound more "detailed". No, the NAD is not as 3-D nor "sweet" as the tube amps, but I'm blown away at how good it sounds. I was running a pair of small subs with the tube amps and disconnected them with the NAD because of the dramatic improvement in the bass.

And, FIY, both of the mono amps have been completely re-tubed recently.

In short, for just a few hundred bux, far less than a complete set of NOS amp tubes, the NAD has put a broad smile on my face.
I don't think I could ever give up my tube amps (TRL GT 200's) but if I was forced to for some unknown bizarro reason (like ???) I agree that a hybrid such as the big Lamm monos would be the best bet for me...I've heard them sound very impressive in a super revealing system.

Another friend has a lot of Pass Labs and it's all quite good but even if it doesn't scream SS like many can...it still "Whispers":'I AM still SS you know' and I can always hear it.

Haven't heard all the hyper expensive SS stuff such as T&A, Constellation, BALabao, etc. but for their price points I'd like to think they're remarkably 'satisfying'...

Personally at this point in time I don't see how SS can really replicate the tangible/lifelike character of a performance that a great tube amp can. Again, just my .02.

Happy Lissn'n