Tube rolling my preamp with 6922EH

I'm planning on testing the Electro-Harmonix 6922EH's in my preamp, from the stock Sovtek's. Anyone have experience with these or the 6922EHG with Gold Pins? How much improvement can you get with the gold pins?
parapatton
In my opinion, the gold pins offer no viable sonic improvement over the standard pins.
I have used the EH6922 in several different components and in only one unit did their substitution have poor results (my ARC SP10, in which I use 6h23's). Generally I found them to have a full bass, an uncolored mid-range, and not over-emphasized highs. No particular warmth, but they are not even close to the sound of a Sovtek which in most components will sound as cold as a well diggers ass. IMHO of course. Also, sound wise, gold pins are not additive, but since they do not corode like steel pins they should maintain a sonic constancy which can deteriorate with steel pins (that corrosion issue is the reason I pull and check my tubes annually). Electrically, unless the socket has gold contacts, gold pins are of no benefit. Personally I wouldn't pay more for the gold pins. BTW consider that many very highly regarded NOS tubes have steel or stainless steel pins.

FWIW
Of course: The some of the best 6922s(CCa, E188CC, 7308, E88CC by Telefunken, Siemens, Amperex, Valvo) DO have gold pins, but they(the gold pins)won't make any sonic improvement on a tube by themselves. Step up to a matched NOS pair of one of those variants in your preamp and the difference will amaze you.
My preamp is the Bob Carver Sunfire vacuum tube control center which is running 3 stock sovtek 6922's. I know better tubes will make an improvement and am trying to find some good tube alternatives.