Krell or Anthem ???

Matter of fact, I really like my present amplify 180wpc Anthem A5. It's very liable, I use it mainly for both HT and 2-ch with no problem what so ever. But the bug is scratching my butt. Since I love 2-ch so much, I want more power for the TWO front speakers. An audio buddy of mine (very experienced gent) highly suggested NOT getting the top line 325wpc Anthem P5. “Go for a USED Krell”, he said.

I have collected and read many articles but I need inputs from the "real world" people, ones that already have had/used Krells. This thread is very specific but still, my apology is out if it's double posted.

1/ Please point out ALL differences between these two old Krell KAV-2250 and KSA-250? I'd like to know evthing about them, literally. (thanks, I already have specs from Krellonline.com)

2/ Can both of these Krells out-perform my 180wpc Anthem A5 in dynamic and sound quality?

3/ Can they also top out the flagship Anthem 325wpc model P5?
Fact: In paper, the P5 has much "beautiful" chart and numbers than the Krell's.

4/ Is it true that the 2-ch Krell KAV-2250 will have more effort/juice to push than its sister 3-ch KAV-3250 even both have same power output?

PM is welcome,

Greatly appreciated.
128x128nasaman
CJ only makes the CA200, the Moon I-7 of course and the Ayre 7xe and the MF A5.5 (the KW stuff is darn good however, I must say). For $2500 ($2100 discounted), the Krell is hard to beat:) It is extended, focused, open and holographic. Oh, I have an Anthem multichannel amp which is pretty good but bettered by the B&K stuff in it's class.
That's hardly representative of the better integrateds under $10K.

You're still blowing smoke and dancing around the 11/28/08 "Stomps the 400xi and blows away most of the competition under 10K" remark. You haven't addressed any of the serious competitors.

It's a wise man that puts down the shovel when he's dug too deep of a hole.

I suggest you climb out and walk away quietly.
As I said before, I'm not interested in having a Father/Son dysfunctional relationship with you Audiofeil. Just let us know what to buy and save us alot of time:) Obviously I have failed to live up to your requirements as an obsessively correct standards and practices liason. Why can't we all be perfect and all knowing like you:(
I have decided to stay away from contentious posts going forward. It brings everyone down in the end. Happy New Year to all:)
Ok, guys.
I just don't understand this, if Krells are so great then why an $8K Krell HTS pre/pro (or DVD Standard) with few years old now being sold ONLY at around $1.8K. While there's VERY FEW of Anthem D1 or D2 Pre/pro (new $4-$7K) can be located here and they are being listed FIRMLY ABOVE $2K, WHY?

1. because Krell sold more than Anthem?
2. because more Krell owners "changed their mind" than Anthem's?
3. because Krell's mark up price higher than their actual value?
Krell is a big name and I just want to jump on it to get it over with.
Please, I'm looking for facts and logics only. No more personal attacks.