Krell or Anthem ???

Matter of fact, I really like my present amplify 180wpc Anthem A5. It's very liable, I use it mainly for both HT and 2-ch with no problem what so ever. But the bug is scratching my butt. Since I love 2-ch so much, I want more power for the TWO front speakers. An audio buddy of mine (very experienced gent) highly suggested NOT getting the top line 325wpc Anthem P5. “Go for a USED Krell”, he said.

I have collected and read many articles but I need inputs from the "real world" people, ones that already have had/used Krells. This thread is very specific but still, my apology is out if it's double posted.

1/ Please point out ALL differences between these two old Krell KAV-2250 and KSA-250? I'd like to know evthing about them, literally. (thanks, I already have specs from Krellonline.com)

2/ Can both of these Krells out-perform my 180wpc Anthem A5 in dynamic and sound quality?

3/ Can they also top out the flagship Anthem 325wpc model P5?
Fact: In paper, the P5 has much "beautiful" chart and numbers than the Krell's.

4/ Is it true that the 2-ch Krell KAV-2250 will have more effort/juice to push than its sister 3-ch KAV-3250 even both have same power output?

PM is welcome,

Greatly appreciated.
128x128nasaman
As much as I like Krell's power amplifiers, I've been underwhelmed by their intergrateds.
I heard the Krell integrated ( ~$2500 300i I think) with CAmbridge 840 source on Focal Profile speaks a few months back at a local Tweeter (RIP) and liked what I heard.

Hasn't always been the case with the Krell stuff. When I've heard Krell pieces that did not sound good, I suspect it could have been more do to mismatch with other components in the loop and lackluster setup or perhaps components not operating up to spec, but can't say for sure.

The book's still out on Krell for me but I have not felt compelled to spend much time worrying about in that there are many other nice fish in the sea as well.
Sorry, I didn't get a chance to post a response, what with christmas and all...my apologies. The new Krell S300i is more focused with better defintion and soundstaging. Bass is just as big and bold as ever with more texture and control. Midrange is neutral with no sense of glare or upper midrange emphasis which could sneek in sometimes with the 400xi. The high frequencies are more open and detailed albeit slightly less sweet and liquid sounding..ah, the trade off's we must suffer! Overall a better integrated with less euphonia and more refinement. After full breakin and some new cables I'm messin with I'll post again:) Hi Audiofeil...always nice to hear your sunny perspective.
Now please list all of the competition under $10K that it "stomps and blows away".

Your words not mine.

All you do is bloviate and employ hyperbole Dave.

Due to lack of support your posts are without credibility or merit.

But they are funny and a source of comic relief.
Musical fidelity, Ayre, Moon, CJ, NuForce for starters...let the listeners decide however. My opinion is just that, mine! I am entitled to one, aren't I? Here's a thought, how about you make a suggestion for consideration...maybe I'll try it and like it!