Krell or Anthem ???

Matter of fact, I really like my present amplify 180wpc Anthem A5. It's very liable, I use it mainly for both HT and 2-ch with no problem what so ever. But the bug is scratching my butt. Since I love 2-ch so much, I want more power for the TWO front speakers. An audio buddy of mine (very experienced gent) highly suggested NOT getting the top line 325wpc Anthem P5. “Go for a USED Krell”, he said.

I have collected and read many articles but I need inputs from the "real world" people, ones that already have had/used Krells. This thread is very specific but still, my apology is out if it's double posted.

1/ Please point out ALL differences between these two old Krell KAV-2250 and KSA-250? I'd like to know evthing about them, literally. (thanks, I already have specs from Krellonline.com)

2/ Can both of these Krells out-perform my 180wpc Anthem A5 in dynamic and sound quality?

3/ Can they also top out the flagship Anthem 325wpc model P5?
Fact: In paper, the P5 has much "beautiful" chart and numbers than the Krell's.

4/ Is it true that the 2-ch Krell KAV-2250 will have more effort/juice to push than its sister 3-ch KAV-3250 even both have same power output?

PM is welcome,

Greatly appreciated.
128x128nasaman
Great thanks to all,
Just like ICs, power cables, and the rest of my front end, all my speakers don’t stay at 1 place very long. I swap them around almost weekly to get new vibes. Over look, they are mostly small floorstanding and few sets of monitors. The bug is rubbing my back so new Krell or stay with Anthem? ….

Please take your time. Economy crisis is topping the news and I’m keeping my 5y old car as well so I’m no hurry….
You never mentioned which typeof sound you like or which type of music you prefer. I owned Krell KAV400 integarted, so that is my only experience with Krell.
It has great bass control and that is it. Krell stands for Krell Audio Video; it is geared towards home theatere corwd and that is what it sounds like. Very unbalanced very poor treble :distorted and with glassy quality to it. Sound stage and articulation of the musical performers separating them form ewach other and presenting large orchestral pieces is not Krell's forte.
Perhaps it is great amp for watching Batman movies, but for music Krell KAV400 is death.
I'm more into warm, sweet, and soft sound. Anything that is musical and slow likes Rega, Arcam, Totem, Sonus Faber. Ones that can keep me on my sofa for hours and hours. Anyways, a friend of mine just let me borrow his Krell KAV-3250 to run with my Focal Chorus 826V. So, how was it? well, it is too bright, too forward for me. It's very detail, sharp, and clean though but I got physically tired quicky. Yes, you are right, this Krell would be exellent for HT purpose. After 2 weeks of playing back and forth with my Anthem, I was so happy handing the Krell back to its owner. No holding back......