Pream question

A few days ago I got Audio Research LS-5 MKII for testing. The sound seems good for me so I decided to buy it. But right now there are two more preamps in the same price range at our local market: Audio Research LS-25 MKII and Balanced Audio Technology VK-51SE. All have quite positive feedbacks... What will be the best choice among these three?

My current system is: B&W Matrix 803 S2, Luxman Da-06 DAC and Luxman M600-A amp.
alex_bolotnikov
It's quite a problem to be able to listen to the used amps. Not many sellers are ready to give a "trial period"... The same is with sending to the factory for an inspection - the overseas shipping is rather expensive and noone can guarantee that the amp survives it well.

As I understand the BAT should be the newest one among all three?
Sorry, but you did say the preamps were in your local market. I thought that meant you had access to them. If I had to buy blind, the BAT is probably the safest choice. I had the LS25 and its not the best match for your tweeter. The BAT has a nicer top end and the build quality is much better. But you're still taking a chance. You should try to listen to it first, if you can.
My guess is they've been making the VK-51SE almost 20 years.
The internet (or BAT) can tell you for sure...
I think you'll be very happy with it. It sounds great and the build quality is outstanding.