NAD C372 & Gallo Ref 3.1

Is the NAD C372 sufficient to drive these speakers?
katee
The NAD is a safe match. I've owned NAD and a friend has the Gallos with NAD. I've never heard anyone say the don't like NAD. Anything less is mostly consumer dreck for the masses but you can also do a lot better of course with an attendant increase in $$$.
I own the Ref 3.1s and have had NAD gear for many years in the past. I believe this would be a very good match - the NAD amps have plenty of current and very good headroom. The Gallos should work quite well with that amp, they love a high-current amp and the strong, ballsy NAD bottom end should sound great with those speakers.

-RW-
"The Gallos should work quite well with that amp, they love a high-current amp and the strong, ballsy NAD bottom end should sound great with those speakers."

Agreed. Well put!

I've heard the NAD/Gallo Ref combo at a dealer. It sounded very good, much as described!
My opionion is if you need a small speaker with good sound. This is probably up there in choice compared to bookshelf speakers. Specially if you dont want a sub either. If size doesnt matter to you, dont even consider it(opinion). I owned the 3.1's and didnt like them because of bigger/better speakers Ive owned around them. I still think the gallos sound low to the floor(aftermarket stands Ive heard), and also a little harsh in the mids with some instruments. It took my bad recordings or flaws in a good recording and seamed to amplify them. Dont confuse revealing as a definate plus, it seamed to be annoying at times. And Im using top notch equipment with them, a all ayre system, and again with a all bryston system. If this kind of speaker interests you, then go for them. I prefer to enjoy great recordings and bad recordings as much as possible and there are plenty of speakers out there that do just that.

Ive used the following amps on them if interested Ayre v-5xe, 8bst bridged(400watts x 2 8ohm), 8bst bi amped, 4bst, 9bsst. Non did what I hoped for. Not bad speakers, specially at there size and what they do. I also had a complete 5.1 system with them for a short time, and that was actually extremely impressive. Just couldnt get into 2 channel like the focus 20/20 I used after, and the logan scent i before them. I realize there is a price difference, but with the reviews I hoped for more.Thanks for reading. Maybe Ill try them again some day.