NAD C372 & Gallo Ref 3.1

Is the NAD C372 sufficient to drive these speakers?
katee
So, if you really like them, why not buy something better than a receiver to go along with them ? Buy something that you can get good sound from and not something that you wont be happy with and will want to change in a few months . Or buying something on impulse.

If your brother was into this hobby like many of us here, I am sure that they sounded great and depending on what he used to power them, I dont think that a receiver is going to give you the same sound that you and him enjoyed.

I also have these speakers and enjoy listening to them and plan on keeping them for a long time.
Katee, you inherited quite a setup! The NAD is a fine amp. Driving speakers is not whether or not they will or will not, but more about the room and how loud you like it. The question really: I have a small/medium/large room and like to listen to rock/jazz/rap/classical/folk and I like it at soft/medium/loud volumes. I have not heard many NAD amps, but the reviews are good. 88 dB sensitivity which is not high. They are known for being detailed. The NAD should be fine in an average room with good volume. As Riley stated, now you decide if you like the way it makes music. A great start! Have fun!
Riley, before you preach any further, the C372 is an integrated and not a receiver. It is superb at it's price point.
Katee, yes it will be more than adequate. 150 watts with lots of headroom, I see no issues.
Riley, before you preach any further, the C372 is an integrated and not a receiver

Who said I was preaching ? Nail me to the cross because I made a mistake on something.

yes it will be more than adequate. 150 watts with lots of headroom, I see no issues

Rotarius, have you tried this setup before ? If not, then how can you comment on it ? I happen to have the 3.1's and can at least add some input on them.
Ok guys - don't get into a fight over this please.

Thank you all for the help. Believe me, it's appreciated. This business can really be overwhelming and music is very important to me. I'm a pianist and as such, although I am only beginning to explore putting together a quality system that I can afford right now, my ears are QUITE developed...