Aesthetix Calypso VS ARC Reference 3

Half price off course ($5000 VS $10000) , but suppose cost is not an issue: what you think are the sonic differences between the two pre-amps ?
duonri
I mean no disrespect Dgad. But I am absolutely sure. What you think you hear is not what you hear. But I do believe you think you can. There are lot's of things going on inside a component that affect sound quality but the short piece of wire going from the wall to the back of the audio device cannot do so as long as it is of proper size. It defies the laws of physics. And my system is revealing enough.
Post removed 
What you think you hear is not what you hear.

I agree, the experience of hearing is not thinking. Sometimes the best listening involves no thinking at all.

Audio ergo sum,
Tim
Rwwear,
I disagree totally with you.
My friends and I have done double-blind testing between the stock power cords on my JC-1 monoblock amps, and inexpensive Signal Cable Magic power cords, and the sonic differences and/or improvements with the Signal Cable PC's are clearly audible to all 4 of us... How do you explain that???
i guess i accidentally opened that can of worm ...

I wasn't a believer, and trust me, the best power cord I have right now (!) are the generic 14awg ones came with the amps. I have some other generic PC power cord kicking around.

What happened on that day I was swapping the power cord for some reason I don't remember, and I swapped the 14awg cord out from the Calpyso with a generic PC cord (i guess it was either 16 or 18 awg).

My wife walked in and said:

"what did you do? it sounds like cr*p!!!!"

Needless to say, I'm now a believer.