Mullard EL34 as a choice for your amp.

I am hearing that those EL34 are one of the best if not the best tube in this family. True or false ?

I am asking in regards to my Consonance Cyber 800 mono-blocks. It seems like a costly investment. Is it worth it and why ?

Thanks
mrjstark
I will give them another chance but not before a check up - will try to find someone locally.

It will be interesting to hear Sign. 100. If someone is looking for integrated amp I would recommend it even without audition (which is foolish and not responsible) , yes I am really confident in this product.

Cheers

Mariusz
I'll add this - Mullard is the original designer of this tube and set the standard as well. It started with xf1 series, and the xf2's are very close in quality, but hereafter the decline begins.

I have yet to hear a tube surpass them, although some come very close - The earlier, original Czechoslovakian Tesla's, and the older, original 1990's Svetlana's are 2 that come to mind. These stand out not only because of sound, but quality of manufacture and longevity.
OK,
lots of recommendations ( truely helpful ) , thanks.
From what I read here(& elsewhere) Mullard is the tube of choice if money was not a factor. JJ new/Tesla-nos and some Japanese Ampares (from 70's) not far behind.
Now, Joe said that new JJs have great middle range (weaker in bass) , what about the others??? What they sound like. Anyone cares to shortly describe the sound characteristics, lows & highs of that particular tube.
That would be very helpful in narrowing the choice of tube for specific application and use. Price range would be also appreciated .

Thanks
The New Sensor version of the KT77 is due out shortly...if by experience it can duplicate the quality of sound & reliability of their "KT88 Gold Lion Genelex Reissue" they will have another option worthy of consideration...
Enjoy your music!