Balanced ----- Unbalanced----

Hello,

I am about to install a pair of mono channel equalizers from audiocontrol. My B&K preamp has balanced output, the equalizers have balanced input and my amplifier only has unbalanced inputs. Is there a point in using balanced connection between pre-pro and EQ even that the connection is then converted to unbalanced send the signal to the amp? Would there even be any sort of degradation doing that?

Thanks in advance.
maab
It better than nothing! If the balanced standard is supported, then at least the connection between the preamp and the EQ is solid, even if the connection to the amp is only single-ended. The more information you don't loose, the better.
The more information you don't loose, the better

Ralph; what "information" will be lost when using an SE connection?

As a manufacturer who builds only balanced equipment I would take Atmasphere's advice with a grain of salt.
Because I have already a considerable amount of cables running by that side wall, I was concerned about noise and interferces by adding two or three more rca cables. That the reason why I thought balanced cables would prevent undesirable surprises. Are XRLs unnecessary?