CAT SL1 + JL2 or JL3 compared to Lamm L2 + ML2.1

Hi,

Does someone compare those two brands, which are known for building "natural sounding" components.

I love Lamm ML2.1 with Kharma speakers : 3.2FE or Exquisite Mini, but other matched I've heard with Wilson WP8 or Maxx2, biger Kharma...are not so good.
ML2.1 is a great amplifier, but not enough power to drive some speakers.

So, do CAT, with JL2 or JL3 (last model) will be at same level ?

Thank you for sharing your experience.
davidri
By the way, if I am not mistaken, I believe Ken owns a very expensive pair of Wilson Speakers, so I would expect there would be great synergy between the CAT and the Wilsons. Frankly, you are talking about some of the best stuff made with either brand - you cannot go wrong with either, unless your Lamm 18 watters just can't drive the speakers.
mind also the difference between PushPull (CAT) and Single Ended (Lamm) it's not the same it's refinement and delicacy vs power, it's what you need most. Maybe a combo with a tube pre and powerfull solid state amp (Gryphon, Boulder..) should give you the best of both worlds?
I think the beauty of the CAT amp is that it has power with SET like transparency; it is the very best PP tube amp made IMHO. At this price point it must be auditioned.
I enjoy my Aesthetix Callisto, Lamm 2.1s and Wilson 8's and this system produces beautiful full range music. I don't know where you listen to the Lamm Wilson set up but there were several at the CES show last year producing great music. Maybe there was something wrong with the set up you listened too or you just prefer another sound?

Good luck on your next steps - keep us informed, cheers GerryM5